Glion Institute of Higher Education ranked among world’s leading hospitality management schools for an international career.
2 Intakes per year (Mid January / Mid July or early August)
Over 50 years of successful partnership with the industry resulting in a proven track record of great career placement for our students.
Wide choice of programs fully compatible for transfers in and out, as well as professional development.
Unique curriculum design fostering a learning experience that goes beyond the classroom, that encourages students’ self-development, and that builds leadership abilities and business skills.
Interactive teaching methodology that is centered on students to encourage the development of critical thinking skills and analytical processes.
High-quality, international faculty.
International student body of over 90 nationalities providing a unique living experience.
Recognition by the industry and the Swiss Cantonal authority.
Accredited at university level by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Two superb campuses, each catering to a specific level of study while providing a privileged, friendly living environment.
Transparency, honesty, and professional ethics in all aspects.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS :
Hotel Management Degrees
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Operations
- Associate Degree in Hospitality Administration
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Diplomas in Hospitality Management
Event, Sport & Entertainment Degrees
- Associate Degree in Event, Sport and Entertainment Administration
- Bachelor Degree in Event, Sport and Entertainment Management
- Postgraduate Diplomas in Event, Sport and Entertainment Management
- MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management
- MBA 100% Online in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management
DIPLOMA IN HOTEL & RESTAURANT OPERATIONS
Fast track entrance to the industry !
- Program: Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Operations
- Duration: 1.5 years (3 semesters)
- Taught semesters: 2
- Internships: 1
- Intakes: January, July
- Age: 17 years old minimum
- Qualification: High School Diploma or equivalent
- English level: TOEFL 500 or equivalent
- Total Credits: 42
- Accreditation: New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Recognition: Swiss Cantonal Authorities (Fribourg)
To have further details on the courses of this program, please see the Academic Programs
As the starting block of the Glion curriculum, this program teaches students the basics of food, beverage and hotel operations as a fast-track to first employment in the hospitality industry. Professional skills are developed through a series of formative craft-based learning (CBL) activities supported by theoretical courses and an internship. Students are exposed to real-life environments with a progression from direct mentoring and guided lessons, to more self-managed learning approaches.
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Apply and reflect on knowledge and skills acquired through academic, CBL and workplace learning activities
- Operate at supervisory level in operational departments within the hospitality industry
- Apply contemporary systems and theories relevant to administrative tasks in hotel departments
- Work with solid work ethics, good inter-personal communications, cultural awareness and teamwork
- Use tools for developing their career plans
Depending on their academic performance, graduates from this program may be allowed to enter the Bachelor Degree Program.
The academic catalog provides full details on all curricula with course credits, full course description as well as the grading system, academic calendar with exact entry dates, and other important academic information.
Please click on the link to download the Academic Catalog
Please click on this link to see the Undergraduate Admissions Requirements.
Please note: Students who wish to progress from the Diploma onto the Bachelor Degree Program must achieve a grade average of 7.3.
Tuition and other Fees
Please click on the links below to have access to the tuition and fees of the hospitality programs as well as to see the terms and conditions